This is the basic care and cleaning Timberdeck products. Although Timberdeck products required low maintenance, basic cleaning with soap and water will help to maintain the beauty of the products..
a) Dirt and debris
- Soap and water can be used to remove the dirt and debris on deck.
- Use a broom to remove debris on deck.
b) Oil/ grease
- Rinse the stain with hot water as soon as possible.
c) Stain or paint
- Wipe up excess spills and spot clean with non-abrasive household cleaner soon after spill is made. Product may need to sit on the stain for 10 – 15 minutes before rinsing.
e) Ice and snow
- Use a broom to remove ice on the deck, never use sharp edge tools to remove snow and ice on decking as it may damage the surface of the product. A metal shovel may scratch the deck which is not covered under warranty.
- Use calcium chloride or rock salt to melt the ice. Salt may leave a white residue on the deck, which can be removed by rinsing with soap or water.
f) Mold and mildew
- Timberdeck decking is formulated to inhibit mold and mildew.
- Maintaining clean and dry surfaces is the best method to inhibit the growth of mildew.
- Conventional deck washers or cleaners that contain bleach and detergent can be used to remove it.